Thursday 29 May 2014

Teach Yourself : Get Started In Creative Writing

by Stephen May , Jodie Daber




Personally I find it easier to communicate in writing than I can verbally , that is one part of me being autistic I suppose , and so I am always trying to work at improving the quality of my writing as much as I can .


This is a great little book , as from the very beginning it inspires you to get out your pen and a notepad and start putting your ideas down . For me  , one of the best things about the book is that it will have a paragraph which gets you thinking and follows it up a with a creative writing exercise so you can get your ideas down . I really liked the chapter on poetry , and after the guidance in the book I managed to put together a half decent sonnet in about an hour - something I never considered doing before reading this book . It certainly brought out the creative side in me.


This is a new edition of the book , but has not changed radically since the earlier editions - the main  difference I noted was the icons used throughout the book , but this is a must read for anybody who is interested in creative writing or has a book hidden in them somewhere that needs to be unleashed.


Buy This Book

No comments:

Post a Comment