Saturday 24 May 2014

Saving Vegetable Seeds

Harvest , Clean , Store and Plant Seeds From Your Garden.

by Fern Marshall Bradley




I have two allotment plots , and above the annual rental , the biggest cost for me is getting good quality seed . In the past I have tried to save seeds wherever I could , but to be honest , I was never really sure what I was doing and so the results were hit and miss to say the least.


This is a great little book for anyone who is interested in saving vegetable seeds , and sets out all the steps to do so in an easy to follow manner . There is a basic introduction to pollination and such like , and then we are advised at how to harvest seeds and clean them and look after them  prior to sowing again.


To be released on June 25th by Storey Publishing , this is an essential read for all vegetable gardeners.


Buy The Book







No comments:

Post a Comment