Friday 30 May 2014

Haunted Stuff

Haunted Stuff

by Stacey Graham




The thing that really drew me into this book was the cool cover , and because I had recently watched the film 'The Conjuring' , in which a possessed doll features heavily . The book is basically a study of objects which are purportedly 'possessed' , and gives us tales of dolls with lives of their own and even gives us help in buying and collecting them.


I'll not spoil any of the tales for you by telling you the stories now , but this book makes for an interesting and at times unsettling read . After a few pages you will be asking yourself questions like - did that teddy bear just move ? I could have sworn that doll was sitting on the living room shelf and not staring away at me in my bedroom . Also , you will think twice about that bargain you have found in the antiques shop or flea market.


It is great to see a book like this on the market , as living objects are guaranteed to raise the creepy stakes and the stories in the book leave you feeling decidedly uneasy .


Brilliant stuff , and this book is due to be published on August 8th.


Buy This Book


Book's Webpage

No comments:

Post a Comment