Sunday 25 May 2014

Bang In The Middle

A Journey To The Heart of the Midlands

by Robert Shore





I  am a Scotsman myself , but lived for several years in Staffordshire and the West Midlands . My wife is a proud Brummie and my eldest daughter was born in Wolverhampton , I went to university there and spent some of the best years of my life in the Midlands , so this book was always going to be of interest to me .


Robert Shore sets off around on a journey of the Midlands to discover what it means to be a Midlander in the 21st century , and the result is highly amusing and entertaining . Personally I preferred the second half of the book as in that part he travels around all of the places I know so well . Along the way , he looks at the importance of the Midlands in areas as diverse as the world of heavy metal (rock luminaries such as Ozzy Osbourne , Slash and Lemmy are all proud Midlanders) and curry , in which he samples the delicacies of Birmingham's 'curry mile'.


A travel writer along the likes of Bill Bryson , this is a cracker of a little book :)


Author's Twitter


Buy This Book

No comments:

Post a Comment