Saturday 24 May 2014

Countryside - The Book of the Wise

Countryside - The Book of the Wise

by J.T Cope IV




To be honest with you , the main reason I chose to read this book was because I liked the cover . I know , that's pretty shallow of me , but I've always found that it works for me .And this book  didn't fail to impress me one bit .


I wont spoil the ins and outs for you , but it is all about  a boy called Luke , living in Houston. He starts to see strange people all around him in everyday suburban Texas , but soon finds himself transported into a mysterious world and a quest for a mysterious book after visiting his grandparents in the strange little town of Countryside .


Luke was in instantly likeable character , and it was interesting to see how he adapted to the strange world into which he was thrown . He is taken to a fantasy world where the boundaries between reality and pseudo reality are blurred.


The style of the book  came across as an Americanised Neil Gaiman or Clive Barker type story , and show us that the author is one to look out for.


A very enjoyable read.


Buy the Book


Author's Website



No comments:

Post a Comment